I’M PLASTIC FREE MARKETPLACE TERMS & CONDITIONS
SECTION 1: About the Website
- Welcome to https://implasticfree.com/ (the ‘Website‘). The Website facilitates interactions between:
- People looking for independent sellers of ethical and sustainable products (the ‘Customer‘); and
- Independent sellers selling ethical and sustainable (the ‘Vendor‘), making it easier for the User and the Seller to locate, communicate, arrange payment and deliver the services in a fast and secure manner (the ‘Services‘).
- The Website is operated by VIVI.O PTY LTD trading as I’M PLASTIC FREE (ABN 23 624 152 227) hereafter mentioned as I’M PLASTIC FREE. Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated products or Services, is provided by I’M PLASTIC FREE. Please read these terms and conditions (the ‘Terms‘) carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of its products or Services, immediately.
- I’M PLASTIC FREE reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When I’M PLASTIC FREE updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates of the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
SECTION 2: Acceptance of the Terms
You accept the Terms by registering for the Services and/or making any payment as required under the Terms for use of the Services. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where and if this option is made available to you by I’M PLASTIC FREE in the user interface.
SECTION 3: The Services
- In order to access the Services, both the Customer and the Vendor are required to register for an account through the Website (the ‘Account‘).
- As part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of the Services, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including:
- Email address
- Preferred username
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Credit Card details
- You warrant that any information you give to I’M PLASTIC FREE in the course of completing the registration process will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- Once you have completed the registration process, you will be a registered member of the Website (‘Member‘) and agree to be bound by the Terms.
- You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if:
- you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with I’M PLASTIC FREE; or
- you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Australia or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
SECTION 4: Your obligations as a Member
- As a Member, you agree to comply with the following:
- you will not share your profile with any other person;
- you will use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
- the Terms; and
- any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
- you have sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your password and/or email address. Use of your password by any other person may result in the immediate cancellation of the Services;
- any use of your registration information by any other person, or third parties, is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately notify I’M PLASTIC FREE of any unauthorised use of your password or email address or any breach of security of which you have become aware;
- you must not expressly or impliedly impersonate another Member or use the profile or password of another Member at any time;
- any content that you broadcast, publish, upload, transmit, post or distribute on the Website (‘Your Content‘) will always be accurate, correct and up to date and you will maintain reasonable records of Your Content.
- you agree not to harass, impersonate, stalk, threaten another Member of the Website (where interaction with other Members is made available to you);
- access and use of the Website is limited, non-transferable and allows for the sole use of the Website by you for the purposes of providing the Services;
- you will not use the Services or the Website in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of I’M PLASTIC FREE;
- you will not use the Services or Website for any illegal and/or unauthorised use which includes collecting email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website;
- you agree that commercial advertisements, affiliate links and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of the Services. Appropriate legal action will be taken by I’M PLASTIC FREE for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website; and
- you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Website or its Services is prohibited.
- your ratings and reviews on the Website must be true and accurate; they must describe, or be about your experience with our products, not refer to other brands, not be defamatory, or offensive. We may reserve the right to delete any of your ratings and/or reviews if these do not comply with our Website Terms and Conditions of Use.
SECTION 5: Using the Website as the Customer
People looking for independent sellers of ethical and sustainable products will have to register on www.implasticfree.com to purchase the items they are looking for.
SECTION 6: Using the Website as the Vendor
Independent sellers selling ethical and sustainable will have to follow outlined criteria and will have to be approved by the business prior to register onto the marketplace and start listing.
SECTION 7: Payment
- By I’M PLASTIC FREE offering the Services to you, you agree that:
- I’M PLASTIC FREE marketplace works in collaboration with Stripe credit cards and AfterPay to securely process and settle payments. These are all electronic payments services providers, specifically designed for online businesses.
- All payments made in the course of your use of the Services are made using Stripe credit cards and AfterPay. In using the Website, the Services or when making any payment in relation to your use of the Services, you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Stripe credit cards and AfterPay terms and conditions which are available on their website.
SECTION 8: Delivery, Refunds & Returns Policy
- Since I’M PLASTIC FREE is only a facilitator in introducing the Customer to the Vendor and providing a system to make safe payment, the Vendor is responsible for arranging the delivery of any product sold, and will need to provide the Customer with information on delivery cost and time.
- The delivery of ordered products need to be arranged promptly. The Customer needs to be informed of delivery arrangements within 72 hours. If arranging delivery takes longer, the customer needs to be informed within the 72 hour time limit. In case it takes longer than 72 hours to arrange delivery, the Customer has the right to cancel the order and receive a full refund. The Customer should refer to the Delivery, Refunds & Returns section of each Vendor’s storefront page.
- Since I’M PLASTIC FREE is only a facilitator in introducing the Customer to the Vendor and providing a system to make safe payment, I’M PLASTIC FREE does not hold any liability to the Customer directly and will not personally refund them any payments made in the use of Services. The Vendor is responsible to offer refunds, repairs and replacements in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law and on the terms set out in this Policy (“Terms”).
- Notwithstanding the above clauses, if a Customer is unsatisfied with the services provided by the Vendor or believes that they may be entitled to a refund or exchange, then I’M PLASTIC FREE requires the Customer to:
- contact IM’PLASTIC FREE through the “Contact Us“ section of the Website to inform that you would like to return the product and then contact the Vendor directly through the Website to request a refund or exchange; and
- if contacting the Vendor is not successful after fourteen (14) days, contact I’M PLASTIC FREE again through the ‘Contact Us’ section of the Website outlining why you believe you are entitled to a refund or exchange so we are able to determine if the Vendor should be removed from the Services.
- If contacted by a Customer who is requesting a refund or exchange pursuant to the above clause, the Vendor agrees that it will immediately:
- complete the I’M PLASTIC FREE refund request form (the ‘Request Form’) provided on the Website; and
- provide the Request Form from the Customer requesting the refund to I’M PLASTIC FREE.
- If the Vendor agrees to a refund it is acknowledged that the Vendor will instruct I’M PLASTIC FREE to refund all or part of the payments made to the Customer directly, less any fees and charges incurred by I’M PLASTIC FREE in processing the refund.
- Both the Customer and Vendor agree that they will comply with the Refund Policy contained in this Clause of these Terms.
- The Customer has the right to return any products in original packaging within 14 days of receiving the product. The product has to be unused, undamaged and in original condition. In such cases the return postage is paid by the Customer, and the Customer is entitled to receive a refund equalling the purchase price of the product, excluding the delivery cost.
- Upon receiving a damaged product, the Customer is entitled to return the product at the Vendor’s expense, and to receive either a replacement product or a full refund, including all delivery costs. The Customer needs to inform I’M PLASTIC FREE and the Vendor within a reasonable time of receiving the damaged product.
- If the product delivered does not match the description of product sold, the Customer is entitled to return the product at the Vendor’s expense, and to receive either a replacement product or a full refund, including all delivery costs. The customer needs to inform the Vendor within a reasonable time of receiving the product.
Section 9: Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The Website, the Services and all of the related products of I’M PLASTIC FREE are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the Services and compilation of the Website (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, Website, code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) or the Services are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by I’M PLASTIC FREE or its contributors.
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by I’M PLASTIC FREE, who grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable license whilst you are a Member to:
- use the Website pursuant to the Terms;
- copy and store the Website and the material contained in the Website in your device’s cache memory; and
- print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
- I’M PLASTIC FREE does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the Website or the Services. All other rights are expressly reserved by I’M PLASTIC FREE.
- I’M PLASTIC FREE retains all rights, title and
- interest in and to the Website and all related Services. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any:
- business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright, or
- a right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design, or
- a thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or process), to you.
- You may not, without the prior written permission of I’M PLASTIC FREE and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Services or third party Services for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by these Terms. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website, which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
- Where you broadcast, publish, upload, transmit, post or distribute Your Content on the Website, then you grant to I’M PLASTIC FREE a non-exclusive, transferrable, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide licence to broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change Your Content.
SECTION 10: Privacy
SECTION 11: General Disclaimer
- Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
- Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
- all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in the Terms are excluded; and
- I’M PLASTIC FREE will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Services or the late supply of the Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- Use of the Website and the Services is at your own risk. Everything on the Website and the Services is provided to you “as is” and “as available” without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors and licensors of I’M PLASTIC FREE make any express or implied representation or warranty about the Services or any products or Services (including the products or Services of I’M PLASTIC FREE) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Services, or any of its Services related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Services or any of the products of I’M PLASTIC FREE; and
- the Services or operation in respect to links which are provided for your convenience.
- You acknowledge that I’M PLASTIC FREE Website and the Services are only intended to facilitate the interactions between the User and the Seller and does not offer any services other than the Services and I’M PLASTIC FREE holds no liability to you as a result of any conduct of the Members or the misuse of Your Content by any party (including other Members).
SECTION 12: Limitation of Liability
- I’M PLASTIC FREE’s total liability arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the resupply of the Services to you.
- You expressly understand and agree that I’M PLASTIC FREE, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
- You acknowledge and agree that I’M PLASTIC FREE holds no liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you as a result of providing Your Content to the Website.
SECTION 13. Termination of Contract
- If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by providing I’M PLASTIC FREE with 14 days’ notice of your intention to terminate by sending notice of your intention to terminate to I’M PLASTIC FREE via the ‘Contact Us’ link on our homepage. You are responsible for covering any service fees and other expenses incurred until the end of the notice period.
- I’M PLASTIC FREE may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- I’M PLASTIC FREE is required to do so by law;
- I’M PLASTIC FREE is transitioning to no longer providing the Services to Members in the country in which you are resident or from which you use the service; or
- The provision of the Services to you by I’M PLASTIC FREE is, in the opinion of I’M PLASTIC FREE, no longer commercially viable.
- Subject to local applicable laws, I’M PLASTIC FREE reserves the right to discontinue or cancel your membership at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or the Services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts I’M PLASTIC FREE’s name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party. I’M PLASTIC FREE reserves the right to define whether a product is deemed suitable for sale at the marketplace as well as to remove listings of products that are deemed unsuitable for sale at the marketplace.
- When the Terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and I’M PLASTIC FREE have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation, and the provisions of this clause shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
SECTION 14: Indemnity
You agree to indemnify I’M PLASTIC FREE, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against:
- all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with Your Content;
- any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so; and/or
- any breach of the Terms.
SECTION 15: Dispute Resolution
If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought).
A party to the Terms claiming a dispute (‘Dispute‘) has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute.
On receipt of that notice (‘Notice‘) by that other party, the parties to the Terms (‘Parties‘) must:
- Within 14 days of the Notice endeavour in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree;
- If for any reason whatsoever, 14 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon selection of a mediator or request that an appropriate mediator be appointed by the President of the Australian Mediation Association or his or her nominee;
- The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation;
- The mediation will be held in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia.
All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as “without prejudice” negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
Termination of Mediation:
If 3 months have elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation and the mediator must do so.
SECTION 16: Venue and Jurisdiction
The Services offered by I’M PLASTIC FREE is intended to be viewed by residents of Australia. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of Northern Territory, Australia.
SECTION 17: Governing Law
The Terms are governed by the laws of Northern Territory, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of Northern Territory, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
SECTION 18: Independent Legal Advice
Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
SECTION 19: Severance
If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.
If you have any questions about the Terms of Service please contact us